- Data Collection
We collect information about yourself and/or concerning you at the following moments when you use the In Transit platform:
- When you send a message through our contact form or direct email;
- When you submit a matchmaking request through our matchmaking tool;
- When you send a query through our online helpdesk service;
- When you subscribe to the project newsletter through the project platform;
- When you leave a comment and/or write an article on the project platform;
- When you visit and browse our platform if you accept the cookies.
2.1. User registration on the platform
Navigation on the project platform does not require any type of user registration. However, where applicable, registration of a new user is available to everyone. In order to register, you are requested to provide personal information, which usually includes your name, email address, username, organization and password. We collect as little data as possible while ensuring that we are able to avoid false registrations and the uniqueness of each user.
2.2. Sending of messages by contact form
You do not need to be registered in the platform to contact us. Whenever you contact us through the contact form or by sending an e-mail, the following data are collected: email address, name, subject of the contact and the message you are sending. We usually store the emails we receive for archive purposes and later contacts.
2.3. Subscription to newsletter
When you subscribe to the newsletter of the project we ask that you provide your email address.
2.4. Comments and articles
When you leave a comment on the platform or post an article (where applicable), the data in the comments/article form as well as the IP address and browser user agent are saved to help with the detection of spam. Generally, the data in the comment form are: email address, name, date and content of the comment.
2.5. Visiting and use of the platform
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
- How we use your data
We use your personal information to create and maintain your user account and to provide you with the services we provide through the platform. We may use your information to:
- Inform you about any changes or updates we make to the services;
- Alert you about relevant opportunities and activities (including project news, results, CALLS opportunities and event invitations);
- Provide you with other information or services to which you subscribe.
The information from the newsletter subscription process is inserted into a programme that manages and sends e-mail. Only your email is used for this purpose. This programme works offline and your data is not shared.
Your information will be used for purposes directly related to the platform and/or project and will never be shared with third parties (such as marketing companies).
- Legitimacy in the treatment of your data
Your data will only be saved if one of the following occurs:
- You express your consent by sending an e-mail or submitting an online form;
- The data is required to comply with a legal obligation to which the In Transit project is subject, such as the disclosure of data to Tax Administration and Social Security authorities, as well to as other authorities.
Your personal data will not be used for purposes other than those described in this policy without you being informed in advance or, where appropriate, your consent obtained.
- Data retention period
Your personal data will be kept for the minimum period of time necessary for the purposes described above and/or for compliance with legal obligations.
The minimum time required is the duration of the project plus additional five year (for example: in a 3-year project your data will be kept for 8 years). After this period, your data will be removed from the database.
- How can we share your information
Your information will be shared only on request by the police or supervisory authorities when there is suspicion that an illegal act is being committed or if this disclosure would allow an illegal act to be prevented; or as required or authorized by law.
- Your rights
At any time, you can request:
- Access to your personal data;
- Alteration of your personal information;
- Direct editing of your personal information in cases where there is a registered user;
- Opposition to, cancellation or limitation in the treatment of your personal data;
- Portability of your personal data previously provided, in a structured and compatible manner and in a readable format;
- For your data to be deleted and forgotten.
To exercise your rights, please contact us through the following e-mail email@example.com. Your requests will be treated with care, so that we can ensure the effectiveness of your rights. You will be asked to prove your identity, so to ensure that personal data are shared only with the owner.
Please note that, in certain cases and in accordance with applicable law, your request may not be satisfied immediately or in full.
In all cases, you will be informed of the measures taken, within 30 days from the time the request is made.
- Clarifications or doubts
If you have any questions regarding this policy or other privacy issues, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.